After taking a pole of my peer group in their 30s they all agreed they would love to lose a few pounds. Five to ten pounds and keep it off most agreed. I don’t believe I know anyone who is completely satisfied with their weight, especially my female friends after having a baby. But we all can agree that losing weight can be challenging. I don’t think exercise is the answer either. I am an advocate for exercise but I feel that diet is the foundation to losing weight and overall health. Health is like a house, if you build a strong foundation the house will stand. Exercise is the compliment to the diet.
I gained 40 pounds recently when I was pregnant with my son and after 3 months I am proud to say I have lost 36 of those pounds. I lost the weight by simple changes to my diet and walking a mile 5 days a week. The changes to my diet are pretty simple to implement. I call it the back to nature diet because that’s what it is. Its eating foods in their raw form whenever possible, eliminating processed foods and buying semi-processed foods like cheese and butter the way they should be from grass fed animals. Here are a few tips to getting back to nature in your diet:
- Increased your vegetable servings to 7-8 a day
- Cut out or limit your white flour and substitute wheat, almond or other types of flour
- Drink water with lemon or infused water with every meal
- For sugar cravings eat dark chocolate with a high cacao content
- Have a vegetarian night at least once a week
- Only eat grass fed beef, organic chicken and wild caught fish
- Snack on nuts, beans and apples to keep you full in between meals
- Eat healthy fats like avocados, grass fed cheese, and grass fed butter
- Cook with high heat nut oils like sunflower
- Use coconut sugar in your coffee or green tea if you need a sweetener
Keep in mind there is no such thing as a diet that works permanently. Changing what and how you eat is the only way you can have successful permanent weight loss and health. Best of luck in your quest!
Has a particular diet change worked for you? Let me know in the comments.
1 thought on “The back to nature diet”
Of course I’d love to loose weight!!! I need to stop making chocolate chip cookies weekly!!!!! Lol